Please join us for a talk on Immigration and Extradition at Matrix Chambers on 21 March 2017by:
- Gabriella Bettiga
- Helen Malcolm QC
- Hugh Southey QC
- Mark Summers QC
All extradition practitioners will come across immigration law issues in their practice. This discussion will look at the specific points at which the two areas intersect, with input from speakers with expertise in each area. Topics will include:
- The use of deportation in EU cases (even when extradition has been refused) and the impact of Brexit
- Concurrent asylum applications and extradition proceedings
- Turkey v. Ozbek  EWHC 3469 (Admin) and the loss of protection upon gaining citizenship
- Transfer of sentenced prisoners within the EU
The talk is free for members and £20 for non-members.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place
Payments for non-members who wish to attend should be made by transfer to our bank account (details below) giving your name as a reference.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum
- Sort Code: 60 40 04
- Account Number: 32 49 95 82